torsdag 5. november 2009

My second and last day in beautiful Toronto

My day started at St. Lawrence Market. The market has existed in Front Street and Jervis Street since 1803, and it’s absolutely perfect for people like me, who love ancient and food. I really enjoyed my stay there. I bought a few items and some extraordinary snacks which you definitely can’t get in Norway. After 3 hours I got pretty tired and had to sit down. I asked around and got directed to a park not very far from the market. It was a really beautiful place. Green trees, a water hole with ducks, birds singing and a strange, but kind of calm affair. I felt very relaxed as I sat there on a bench listening to the birds singing above me. It was really quiet though, I didn’t hear a single car, not even a person. An old lady walked by smiling and waving. As the polite person I am, I waved and smiled back. That was actually the only person I saw in the park. I made up my mind and decided to go to a museum. I’ve actually not been in a museum since I was a kid. The ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) is quite attractive. So that’s where I went.


I took a cab to the museum. It was huge! I’ve never seen anything like it. It is the fifth largest museum in North America. You can find everything from dinosaurs to East Asian art inside. I totally fell in love with the museum at once I came inside. I looked at art and historic items from every part of the world. There were reconstructed dinosaurs in their full size. They actually frightened me a bit, so I took some pictures from a safe distance. It was a lot of visitors today. I could at least recognize 11 different languages as I walked through the different sections of the ROM. After a couple of ours my feet were totally exhausted. I really had to start getting home. I was pretty hungry as well. It was dark outside and I had to wait a few minutes for the cab. I tried not to think about the dinosaurs inside. Finally it came, and I jumped in faster than usual. It drove me safe back to the hotel where I ate a quick dinner at the restaurant before I went up to my room. It has been an exhausting, but effective day.

Now I’ve just brushed my teeth and I’m looking forward to tomorrow. I’m leaving Canada so I’m really excited. Good night!



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar